The Business Olympian
My first book “The Business Olympian” was released by new Holland in 2008. The book explored the aspects of mental toughness and the lessons we can learn from some of the best athletes in the world.
Gavin’s book will take you inside the minds of elite athletes and give you an insight into how the power of the mind can be harnessed to improve your effectiveness in business. He has made accessible to his readers a range of invaluable tips, tricks and techniques to train and enhance the performance of a new generation of Business Olympians. I trust that you will enjoy this important and brilliant book – and the rewards that mastery of its techniques will bring – as much as I did.
Ben McGuire- Regional General Counsel Virgin Management Asia Pacific
The Business Olympian lets you in on the secrets of sports psychology that I developed for elite athletes to achieve their peak performance. Discover how you can adopt the same mental strategies and skills that Olympians use so you too can reach your full potential in your business and personal life.
Learn how to:
- Discover your own preferred learning style
- Discover your personal emotional profile
- Discover your individual zone of optimal functioning
- Stay focused and in the momentm
- Motivate yourself and stay motivated
- The Olympic skills needed to overcome the pressures of the corporate world
- Set objectives
- Perform under pressure
- Develop mental toughness
- Use imagery and visualisation